Unity 5 2D: Combat in an RPG Game with Jesse Freeman
Intermediate | 2h 11m | 433 MB | Project Files | Software used: Unity
The hallmark of any popular RPG game is combat. Building on the lessons in the rest of the Unity 5 2D series, these tutorials show how to build simple turn-based combat like you would experience in classic RPGs. In the Movement in an RPG Game course, you learned how to move a player in a 2D tile-based map. Here youll program, trigger, and manage random battles on the map. Author Jesse Freeman shows how to create pop-up battle ShiChuang, add monsters, and create player and monster attack actionsincluding evasive maneuvers.
When the battle is over, youll learn to reward the player and clean up for future moves.
- Preparing the user interface
- Creating game and message ShiChuang
- Building a battle window
- Adding a monster and action buttons
- Creating an actor class
- Adding player and monster attack actions
- Triggering battles from the map
- Ending a battle
- Cleaning up the battle and attack systems
- Rewarding the player
Skill Level Intermediate
Duration 2h 11m