Upgrade Your Writing - 10DVD
Size: 6.63 GB Type: eLearning
This series is like a virtual writing clinic on DVD. It helps middle school students through adults (especially challenged learners requiring remediation) to:
- express themselves more effectively
- improve their command of grammar, usage, and mechanics
- meet (and exceed) the requirements of their assignments
- focus on their purpose and their audience
- develop a writing style that's smooth, engaging, and truly their own
With these unique programs, viewers will master the tricks of:
- brainstorming and getting ideas down on paper
- turning a jumble of ideas into a structured outline
- beating procrastination and treating "blinking cursor syndrome"
- writing sentences that are varied, interesting, and grammatically correct
- constructing paragraphs that hang together cohesively and are divided logically
- guiding the reader gracefully from each point to the next
- writing captivating introductions and compelling conclusions
- excelling in poetry, short stories, and other creative writing assignments
- learning new words by using roots, prefixes, suffixes, context clues, word cards, etc.
- avoiding errors in spelling, punctuation, agreement, word choice, and other areas
- and more
With the help of this 10-DVD series, students and adults can finally learn to articulate their thoughts and ideas effectively and actually upgrade their writing! This in turn can boost their grades or their careers.
The DVDs make ideal self-study aids, and they'e also the ultimate resources for educators (teachers, professors, administrators, etc.) who wish to further their own professional development, provide in-service training for their staff members, or supplement and enhance their classroom lessons.
Titles in the series are:
+ Disc1: Prewriting
+ Disc2: Organizing Your Thoughts
+ Disc3: Overcoming Writer's Block
+ Disc4: Crafting Sentences
+ Disc5: Building Paragraphs
+ Disc6: Connections and Transitions
+ Disc7: Introductions and Conclusions
+ Disc9: Expressing Yourself Creatively
+ Disc9: Improving Your Vocabulary
+ Disc10: Avoiding Common Mistakes