Learn how to create a hand-drawn look without all the hand drawing. This course shows how to replicate the DIY aesthetic of low-budget cel animation in After Effects. Mograph artist Owen Lowery shows how to use shape layers to create, texture, and animate the "hand-drawn" elements, and replicate the look of handwritten fonts and street graffiti. The tutorials demonstrate how versatile the After Effects tools can be when you stretch them beyond their traditional uses and employ some creative problem solving. Want to create another lo-fi mograph effect? Check out Creating a Handmade Look in After Effects 01: Paper Cutout and Stop Motion Styles.
* Using the Pen tool to create hand-drawn shapes
* Animating shape layers to look drawn on
* Giving a wiggle to drawn elements
* Customizing and animating handwritten fonts
* Looping animation with expressions
* Using the Paintbrush tool to create animated painted lines
* Adding texture to lines