InfiniteSkills - Why Motivating People Doesn't Work...and What Does
English | 4.5 hours | 40 tutorial videos | aac, 44100 Hz, stereo | h264, yuv420p, 1280x720, 15.00 fps(r) | 1.19GB
If you still use the usual carrot-and-stick methods for motivating people, don't bother. They simply don't work.
In this engaging video workshop, Susan Fowler-consultant, coach, and top leadership researcher-introduces a tested model and course of action to help leaders guide people toward the kind of motivation that genuinely increases and sustains productivity and engagement.
Based on her popular book of the same name, and modeled on the live workshop experience Fowler brings to organizations such as WeiRuan-->WeiRuan, CVS, NASA, and H&R Block, this video includes real-life examples and poignant stories to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Optimal Motivation process. You'll get actionable advice on how to move people away from dependence on external rewards, and help them discover how their jobs can meet the deeper psychological needs for autonomy, relatedness, and competence.
This video workshop covers:
- A leader's role in motivation, from both a leadership and self-leadership perspective
- The Spectrum of Motivation model and the six Motivational Outlooks
- Psychological Needs-the heart of the new science of motivation
- Self-Regulation and the role it plays in shifting a Motivational Outlook
- Why motivation is a skill that can be taught, learned, nurtured, and sustained
- Making shift happen through Motivational Outlook Conversations
- Rethinking five beliefs that erode workplace motivation
Table of Contents
02. The Motivation Dilemma
03. What Motivates People
04. The Danger of Drive
05. Motivation is a Skill
06. Making Shift Happen