Path Finder v6.4.5 (Mac OS X) | 26 MB
Path Finder offers the tools you need to access and manage your files quickly, accurately, and completely on OS X. A world-class operating system deserves a world-class file manager. Dive into a familiar interface packed with uncommonly powerful features and make your file system sing with Path Finder 6.
Path Finder is a file browser that combines the familiar Finder interface with the powerful utilities and innovative features.
For many Mac users, the Finder provides plenty of functionality. But if you're looking for more powerful control over your files and desktop, Path Finder can be an attractive alternative. This standalone file browser complements and improves on the Finder, with scores of useful integrated features.
The program lets you quickly access favorites; view the contents of almost any file in a preview drawer; and move files more easily using the Shelf and Drop Stack. Other features include the capability to compress and decompress files; mount disk images; view invisible files, securely delete files, and work from the command line. You can even put a Trash back on your desktop (and out of the Dock). This latest version is only for Mac OS X 10.6 or later, but adds several important new features.
If you want a little more control over files and folders, a better way to transfer files, and many other features, Path Finder is great utility for those using Mac OS X Snow Leopard or later.
Path Finder is an award-winning file browser and management application for Mac OS X. If you've ever wished Apple's Finder just did feature X or feature Y, Path Finder may be what you've been looking for.
Path Finder is a standalone application that leverages what you already know about working with your files. It takes the Finder's familiar interface and adds numerous powerful features and interface innovations to help anyone be more productive on Mac OS X.
Features (including NEW ones)
* NEW: File Transfer Queue? Access current file operations from either a toolbar item or a separate unified window.
* NEW: ACL Editor? Create and modify Access Control Lists, an advanced alternative to OS X's standard Unix permissions.
* NEW: File Tagging? Leverage the power of OpenMeta to tag your files and share tags between apps.
* NEW: Batch Renaming?Apply filename changes to a group of files simultaneously.
* NEW: Hex Editor?Low-level file editing without ever leaving your browser.
* Drop Stack? Freeze drag-and-drop operations by placing files into a temporary stack.
* Dual-pane Browser? View the contents of two folders side-by-side in one window.
* Tabs & Bookmarks?Bring your web browser workflow into your file browser.
* Low-level Search?Search using Spotlight's database just like the Finder, or do a low-level scan for your files.
* File List Filtering? Quickly filter a list of files by name, extension, or kind.
* Smart Sorting? Sort by folders, packages, or files first.
* Advanced Selection? Select files based on file name, extension, attributes, and more.
* Keyboard Access? Change Path Finder's default shortcuts or add your own.
* Quick Look & Cover Flow? Quickly preview files, and display Cover Flow alongside any other view type.
* Integrated Terminal? Embed a terminal window directly into your graphical file browser window.
* Command Line Tools? Execute common command line tools directly from the Path Finder GUI.
* Source Control? Run common Git and Subversion commands without the command line.
* Application Launcher? Access your apps with the press of a key.
* Archives? Work with a variety of archive types including zip, gzip, dmg, sit, and more.
* Text & Image Editors? Create and edit text. Crop and scale your images.
Path Finder puts a terminal right in your file browser, and provides a graphical interface to some popular UNIX utilities.
All above links are interchangable. No password