xStand 6.5.5 | Mac Os X | 6 MB
xStand is a web browser designed to present web-based content or run web applications in a safe and stable way. Mostly used for public access terminals in museums or libraries, xStand can also be used as the default web browser for all members of a company or an organization.
xStand allows you to restrict access to some web sites, the operating system, system settings, the downloading of files and applications. The computer is protected against any manipulation from users. xStand reinforce the productivity by disabling the access to distracting websites.
Since xStand is built with the Apple Safari Engine also named WebKit, users can benefit from all the features that this modern technology has to offer. xStand was developed with the intention to create a browser that would provide the same ease of use as other browsers, while adding maximum security and protection from user interference.
xStand has a wide range of additional functions which will allow you to customize your kiosk application to suit your individual needs and requirements. All you have to do is to decide what content you want to display and leave the rest to xStand. No programming skills are necessary. Configuring it can be accomplished within a couple of minutes. You can even add a touchscreen and enable the new virtual keyboard to entry information. xStand guarantees the operation and protection of your systems 24/7.
- Two choices: setup xStand as a full web browser or as a presentation system for large screens
- Monitors and protects the operating system against manipulation
- Deactivates undesired function keys and system critical key combinations
- Restricts and prohibits the downloading of files from the Internet
- Allows administrators to define which domains/URLs the user is allowed to access
- Automatically processes program restarts in the event of software error
- Deletes user data at the end of each session
- Logs and saves all user interaction
- Customize the user interface (add/remove buttons in the toolbar)
- Protects the access to preferences
- And much more!
OS X 10.7 or later