Apple Compressor 4.0.6 (Mac OS X) | 400MB
Compressor adds power and flexibility to Final Cut Pro X export. Customize output settings, work faster with distributed encoding, and tap into a comprehensive set of delivery features.
Powerful Encoding for Final Cut Pro
* Use Compressor to customize encoding settings available in Final Cut Pro.
* Choose from a wide array of codecs, sizes, frame rates, and other parameters.
* Save your custom settings in Compressor; they automatically appear in Final Cut Pro.
* Share settings with other editors, even if Compressor isn't installed on their workstations.
Time-Saving Encoding Workflow
* Experiment freely with encoding options, using real-time feedback in the Preview window.
* Find exactly the setting you need in just a few clicks in the updated settings library.
* Set up batch processes to streamline the encoding of large numbers of files.
* Build batch templates to combine encoding with tasks such as moving or copying files.
* Create self-contained Droplets to encode on the desktop with drag-and-drop ease.
Industry-Standard Encoding Support
* Use one-step settings for Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook.
* Work with a choice of themed menus to encode and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
* Add chapter markers for discs or podcasts distributed on iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Apple TV.
* Encode to a broad range of industry-standard formats, such as MPEG-2, H.264, and ProRes.
* Generate files for HTTP live streaming in a single step.
* Import Targa, DPX, TIFF, PSD, or PNG image sequences and encode them to any setting.
* Tap into advanced encoding features for adding closed captioning, metadata, and more.
Pristine Format Conversions
* Convert any file from its source format to another format, such as NTSC to PAL or SD to HD.
* Clean up and customize your content using image filters, a timecode overlay, and watermarks.
* Speed up video, slow it down, or adjust the frame rate to make the duration match a runtime.
* Save time by distributing encoding work among multiple cores and workstations.
* Install Compressor on any Mac to activate it as a cluster node for distributed encoding.
* Speed up encoding in Final Cut Pro by choosing a Compressor cluster for output processing.
* Activate QuickCluster for dynamic configuration of nodes based on available resources.
System Requirements: 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (512MB of VRAM recommended), display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher, 758MB of disk space. OS X v10.6.8 or OS X v10.7.4 or later.
What's New in Version 4.0.6
This update improves overall stability, performance and compatibility including:
?Fixes an issue with the upload of clips of greater than 1 GB to Vimeo