EViews 9.5 (September 22, 2016) | 761.4 mb
IHS, Inc., the leading global source of information and analytics, has released update of EViews 9.5. A major release of the world's leading econometric software package, EViews 9.5 is packed full of new features.
EViews offers academic researchers, corporations, government agencies, and students access to powerful statistical, forecasting, and modeling tools through an innovative, easy-to-use object-oriented interface.
EViews 9 Enterprise Edition is an enhanced version of EViews 8.1. The Enterprise Edition contains all of the features of EViews 9, plus support for ODBC and the proprietary data formats of several commercial data and database vendors.
Specifically, the Enterprise Edition allows direct access to ODBC databases or queries and provides transparent connection to Global Insight's DRIPro and DRIBase databanks, Haver Analytics DLX, FAME format databases, EcoWin databases, Datastream, FactSet, Moody's Economy.com, Macrobond Financial, CEIC. The familiar, easy-to-use EViews database interface has been extended to these data formats so that you may work with foreign databases as easily as native EViews databases.
Enhancements in EViews 9.5:
MIDAS Estimation & Forecasting
Mixed Data Sampling is a method for estimating and forecasting models, the dependent variable is recorded at a lower frequency, as one or more of the independent variables (Mixed-frequency estamination). MIDAS enables estimates without aggregation and gives more accurate results. The EViews Workfiles allow easy organization of mixed frequency data and facilitates easy conversion from one frequency to another.
4 different MIDAS weighting schemes:
- Step weights
- Almon/PDL weights
- Exponential Almon weights
- Beta weights
and: EViews automatic lag selection
FIML Estimation & Forecasting with Variance Restrictions
FIML estimator now has the ability to specify the form of the residual covariance matrix, which are given in estimates. This allows more efficient estimates.
Extension of the forecast comparison diagnostic tools. The Diebold-Mariano test allows comparison of two predictions from the same data set.
New Model Specifications
- Model Print View
A simple list of your model's scenarios (and their settings).
- Model Scenario Descriptions
Add descriptions to your model scenarios, and then export those descriptions to the solution series.
- Equation Find
The Equation View of a model has a new Find button that lets you find an equation by name, by endogenous variable name or by exogenous variable name.
- Model Protection
You can password protect your model so that users can only solve the model but not make changes to the model structure.
Group Members View
Graphical drag and drop user interface that displays the member series in the group and allows the user to alter these group members.
Group Object Preview
Allows users to preview a group object by displaying the group members along with a graph of group members.
Saving/Retrieving Program Variables
New functions to allow you to save and load program variables into text-ini files on disk:
- Saveprgini: This allows the saving a program variable to an ini file.
- Loadprgini: This allows the retrieving of a program variable stored in a ini file.
What's fixed in update:
September 22, 2016
- Fix for preview window crash with irregular workfiles.
- Fix initialization of forecast standard errors for dynamic models with no ARMA terms.
- Change singularity test for @issingular to match @rank.
- Added support for case sensitive dated data table row labels.
- Fix for crash when saving graphs to a cloud drive.
- Fix in general options dialog where the up and down arrows in the tree did not update the dialog.
- Fix for crash in group member view when dragging objects.
- Fix for incorrect list in database registry dialog when using 'Move to the top.
- Fix for copy command not working with Magellan databases.
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction