GIMP 2.8.18 Final Portable | 60.5 Mb
We have all heard of Photoshop and the great things it could do when it comes to photo manipulation, yet for those who need an open-source free of cost alternative there is an answer: GIMP. Far from being a complete Photoshop replacement, it can easily play its role in many basic operations.
The setup process and customizable interface
Installing GIMP is indeed a really simple task and if you want to customize it, there is a setup mode that accommodates this need. If the custom mode is chosen, you should know you can select the file types this software will handle, plus the tools that should be deployed on your computer.
Just like Photoshop, GIMP might seem impossible to use if you are not an experienced user, but it's only a matter of time until you get used to the interface. The toolbox has all the basic elements you need to work with photos, yet the interface can become a lot more difficult if you wish to perform more complex operations.
Batch process images and add plugins supported for more features
GIMP has everything from the most common tasks to more complex options, such as an array of effects and layers. Applying gradients and custom patterns will require minimal resources and on a fairly average system, batch processing can be successfully accomplished in quite a short time.
With GIMP you can retouch digital photos and create bitmaps from scratch, but it can work as well as an image format converter. It is possible to create animations, insert text strings, adjust hue-saturation and contrast, clone objects and take advantage of a powerful zooming tool. Furthermore, the functionality of this program can be extended by using one of the hundreds of plugins available.
All in all, GIMP can perform a wide variety of tasks and is suitable for novice and advanced users alike. The powerful feature pack and the multiple possibilities for customizing it make this software a must have for anyone who needs an extensible and expandable image manipulation utility. It does not put a strain on the computer's, and it runs quite fast, without popping errors or crashing.
* Full suite of painting tools including brushes, a pencil, an airbrush, cloning, etc.
* Tile-based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
* Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high-quality anti-aliasing
* Full Alpha channel support
* Layers and channels
* A procedural database for calling internal GIMP functions from external programs, such as Script-Fu
* Advanced scripting capabilities
* Multiple undo/redo (limited only by disk space)
* Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
* File formats supported include GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP and many others
* Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, bezier and intelligent
* Plug-ins that allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new effect filters
New in version 2.8.18 (July 14, 2016):
* We are releasing GIMP 2.8.18 to fix a vulnerability in the XCF loading code (CVE-2016-4994). With special XCF files, GIMP can be caused to crash, and possibly be made to execute arbitrary code provided by the attacker.
* This release includes additional bug fixes since 2.8.16. An important change has happened to the initial startup experience on WeiRuan-->WeiRuan ShiChuang and OS X platforms - any "GIMP is not responding" errors encountered there should be gone.
OS: ShiChuang XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
Buy Premium Account To Get Resumable Support & Max Speed
Links are Interchangeable - No Password