Graitec Advance Suite 2012 SP1
GRAITEC, an international developer of 3D modeling to fabrication and structural design software for the construction industry, announces the availability of SP1 for Advance Steel version 2012.
GRAITEC Advance is a Building Information Modeling (BIM) system that automates the entire structural design and construction documentation process from engineering design and structural analysis to member optimization, detailing and fabrication. GRAITEC Advance provides designers and detailers with an optimal working environment with tools to create and completely carry out their construction projects: optimization of construction materials, elimination of project inconsistencies, faster study turnaround time, automatic document creation, project history and tracking, fl uid communication with project partners etc.
Historically based on the AutoCAD platform, version 2012 allows users to use their software with or without AutoCAD. In fact, the product includes its own graphics engine, and the user can select the desired CAD platform. Regardless of the selected platform, all the essential functionality of the software is retained, as well as DWG compatibility. This major change has also allowed GRAITEC to simplify the user interface by focusing on and organizing the industry specific functionality of the software and the BIM integration.
Advance Steel: Professional Steel Detailing Software Solution Service Pack 1 has a set of enhancements and provides the following advantages to end-users:
- More efficient modeling: Service Pack 1 has a powerful set of enhancements with various automated and parametric connections provided by default within Advance Steel. It also has new automatic connections for purlins with the possible use of a cranked seat between purlin(s) and rafter. Such enhancements help users model in 3D faster.
- Less user rework within drawings: the highly automated drawing creation minimizes user rework thanks to various enhancements and fixes in Service Pack 1.
- Improved performances: from the management of model views to the automatic detailing speed, several improvements have been done concerning the performance when using Advance Steel 2012 on its own CAD platform.
- Better collaboration: Service Pack 1 extends the possibilities of BIM exchange with various enhancements concerning the bidirectional link with Revit and also with the export of the 3D model to a DWF file now containing all necessary information such as the part mark counter
- Better collaboration: Service Pack 1 extends the possibilities of BIM exchange with various enhancements concerning the bidirectional link with Revit and also with the export of the 3D model to a DWF file now containing all necessary information such as the part mark counter.
About GRAITEC Group.
Founded in 1986, GRAITEC is a major software developer for civil engineering offering a Building Information Modeling (BIM) system that automates the entire structural process. Used by more than 40,000 professionals worldwide, GRAITEC solutions have helped in creating outstanding projects: C?ur Défense tower, Stade de France stadium, Cairo Subway, Düsseldorf International Airport, B?neasa Shopping City in Bucharest, Milano Fair, etc. The GRAITEC Group has more than 260 employees working in 14 companies (France, Germany, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Italy, United Kingdom, Singapore, Canada and USA). GRAITEC also manages an international network of more than 40 Value Added Resellers.