SimpleMind 1.14 MacOSX | 11.3 MB
SimpleMind Desktop is a mind-mapping tool that turns your Mac into a brainstorming, idea-collecting, and thought-structuring device. It connects to the similar SimpleMind for iPhone/iPad app.
SimpleMind Features (Full Edition):
- Unique Free lay-out to organize your ideas exactly how you want it.
- Horizontal auto layout, perfect for brainstorming
- Three additional auto-layouts; Vertical, top down and list.
- Virtually unlimited page size and unlimited elements. Create as many Mind Maps as you want.
- Make multiple Mind Maps on one page.
- Use single select or select multiple elements at once.
- Add topics and sibling easily. Drag, rotate (re)arrange or reconnect topics or branches.
- Share the Mind Map as .pdf, image, outline, freemind or opml.
- Copy Outline Text places entire mind map as text on device clipboard. (Not for iPad/iPhone)
- Add notes to topics, ideal to add long texts without cluttering your Mind Map.
- Add images or photos.
- Supports play back of video recordings made with iPad/iPhone.
- Supports play back of Voice Memo's made with iPad/iPhone/Android.
- Use the preinstalled stock icons or add as many custom icons as you want.
- Add labels to topics and relations.
- Add Links to documents or webpages. (The Mac edition from the AppStore does not support linking to your computer due to Apple's security policies)
- Add Links to Mind Maps or a specific topic.
- Desktop only: Use the bookmarks of a PDF to import pdf as a linked mind map, ideal for a quick start. (AppStore edition only via Dropbox, due to Apple's security policies)
- Collapse or expand branches
- Hide or show individual Topics or branches
- Show Branch Borders to highlight a branch.
- Use checkboxes, crosslinks and auto numbering
- Search for Mind Maps containing text.
- Desktop only: Advanced search options in Mind Map editor: search for checkbox state (unchecked, checked) or icon.
- Organize Mind Maps in Folders.
- Navigation History
Change the style and color for the whole mind map at up to a single element.
- Apply our pre-defined style sheets, choose between levels or branch based colors.
- Create custom style sheets with SimpleMind Desktop and use it on all platforms. Customise colors, lines and borders. (needs SimpleMind for Desktop).
- Customize background color.
- Pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors.
- Seamless synchronisation across platforms using Dropbox
- Sync mind maps safely to Dropbox
- ImportMind Maps. Opens native .smmx, .opml and freemind files. SimpleMind for Desktop: import PDF bookmarks.
- Export / Import all local Mind Maps in a single archive, ideal for backups.
- Create New (linked) Mind Map from selection.
- Outliner - in the Inspector panel (on the right), displayed in the image below. Outliner synchronizes with the selection in the editor. Also useful when Searching in the Mind Map. Use drag & drop in the outline to reorder topics.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Show Outline ⌘1, Show Note ⌘2 allow fast switching between topics in outline and note.
- Angled relation paths and Adjustable relation paths.
- New build-in style sheet: Chart (angled paths + arrows)
- Check spelling for entire Mind Map, shorcut ⌘;
- Live spelling and automatic spelling correction support for Mind Map editor
- Paste Text as List and Import plain text .txt files. Each new line creates a new topic, leading tabs are interpreted as hierarchy level.
- "Enable Snap Options" check added to Snap Options. Snap to guide lines and snap to grid are only active when this option is checked. - Pressing ⌘ (Command) while dragging a topic, temporarily inverts this option. This allows easy enabling/disabling the snap feature in specific cases.
- Relation style presets, create and apply adjusted relation styles
- Export as Encapsulated PostScript (eps) (Export, Mail, Export to Dropbox)
- Removed "reorder topics" panel, reordering sibling order is now more conveniently done with the outliner.
- Bug fixed related to layout mode panel on OSX 10.6
- Bug fixed related to Mind Map Search Bar not appearing on older OSX systems.
- Bug fixed that made it impossible to copy a Mind Map from Dropbox to the local root folder.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction