DU Meter 7.15 Build 4757 Multilinguall | 6.6 MB
DU Meter is an Internet usage monitor for your computer. It shows real-time graphs and can create reports and alerts based on your downloads and uploads. DU Meter includes extensive logging facility, flexible events system, and more. DU Meter works with virtually all types of network connections: phone modems, DSL, cable modem, LAN, satellite, and more.
Get a grip on your network traffic
Have you ever found yourself wondering why some downloads seem to take an eternity to complete, or why your e-mail program seems to be stuck in the middle of e-mail retrieval. Is it really hanging, or maybe it's just downloading a large e-mail attachment? DU Meter provides the answer to these and other mysteries, and can also alert you of dangerous or unexpected network activity. Watching your data transfer rates can be very enlightening no matter what you do online, and you'll soon be wondering how you managed without DU Meter before.
DU Meter for parents and business managers
If you have teenage children or if you own or manage a small business, you already know how hard it is to enforce certain rules for network usage, while respecting child's or employee's privacy. If you install DU Meter on your child's or employee's computer, you can configure it to report back to you via email when monthly or weekly network traffic exceeds a certain threshold. DU Meter will let you know if someone is breaking your rules (For example using peer-to-peer software to share films and music). Since DU Meter 5, the software can even prevent any further Internet connectivity once the alert condition has been met, without any user intervention.
Is your "unlimited" Internet really unlimited?
Many Internet users believe their "unlimited" account lets them surf the Internet, send large email attachments and download as many movies and songs as they choose. However it is well documented by the media that many Internet Service Providers, both in the U.S. and elsewhere, do in fact set definite usage limits, even though they may advertise to the contrary. Some will take drastic measures like termination of an account without any advance warning, if these limits are exceeded. DU Meter can create detailed reports of the total network traffic volume on your computer and can alert you if certain limits are surpassed. If you have teenage children or if you own or manage a business, DU Meter can be especially useful for you to you too.
Most important new features in DU Meter 7.0:
- Simultaneous monitoring of Internet and LAN traffic has been added. You can now seamlessly switch from seeing only Internet network traffic to LAN and vice versa with just one mouse click.
- DU Meter now sports per-application traffic monitoring! Ever wondered which application is using up all your network bandwidth? Guess no more: switch to the new per-application traffic monitoring tab in DU Meter and instantly see what's going on.
- Network Connections now shows accumulated per-connection and per-application traffic totals, while discriminating between Internet and LAN network traffic (DU Meter exclusive!).
- Wi-Fi signal monitoring is now available! From now on, a sudden change in network throughput can easily be correlated with Wi-Fi signal quality changes. See if - improving your Wi-Fi reception can in fact improve your Internet experience.
- Much improved DU Meter main window: tabs to easily switch between new traffic monitoring modes, new color scheme for better blend with ShiChuang 8 and - ShiChuang 10, new Metro look, snap-to-screen-edges borders, and more.
Accessibility improvements for visually impaired users: DU Meter now fully respects and supports ShiChuang high-contrast mode, and fonts and font sizes can be changed in Options.
- Full ShiChuang 10 and ShiChuang Server 2016 support. We have extensively tested DU Meter with the current pre-release version of ShiChuang 10, resolved numerous issues and made sure it works perfectly. If any updates are required when ShiChuang 10 is finally released, these updates will be free for registered DU Meter 7 users.
- Security (SSL) and Database (SQLite) components in DU Meter have been updated to improve compatibility and security.
- Many, many issues were fixed in DU Meter, both serious and purely cosmetic. DU Meter has been rigorously tested in diverse networking environments to make sure it is fully compatible with all networking equipment imaginable: from dial-up modems to 10 Gigabit network cards.
- Thanks to our users, many issues were fixed in DU Meter translations. All translations have been updated, and two new languages are introduced in this release: Chinese and Hungarian.
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction