ProgramLaunch 3.33.14 Multilingual + Portable | 7.2 Mb
Nowadays users might find their desktop more and more crowded with various applications and as their number increases, the efficiency of their workflow decreases. ProgramLaunch was created as a supplement, or even replacement for the Window Start menu, and it will help users create their own custom list of applications, programs, URLs and even folders. This way users will have a quick-access path to their favorite apps and therefore their work efficiency will improve.
Stylish interface with basic features that will accommodate a user-defined applications list
ProgramLaunch will present users with a straightforward interface that will allow them to add shortcuts to their preferred applications and customize their appearance. It offers a modern design that will feature multiple skins, and the default icons will be pleasant to the eye.
Once opened, the application appears floating over the desktop, and it can only be minimized through the help of hotkeys. Users might be bothered, since the application cannot be re-entered in other ways and will not minimize to the taskbar or tray icon.
Fair amount of customization for the added programs, but with unstable behavior when used on multiple displays
Users will be able to define their own hotkeys for toggling the application, set specific autohide timers and hint support for the different application shortcuts. Icon size and appearance are highly adjustable and users can even define shortcuts for enabling multiple programs simultaneously.
Looking at its pitfalls, ProgramLaunch's default apps - Clock, Calendar, Recycle Bin and AC Power, cannot be opened, and users will only be able to view information about them. Even more, when used on systems with multiple displays, the application will only work on the primary display, and will often exhibit crashes when users try to move it to the secondary displays.
Good software solution for creating your own quick-access application list, but with some disadvantages
ProgramLaunch could be a decent choice for users who seek a replacement for their Start menu, and it will offer an accessible floating interface, where they will be able to add the preferred programs. It is easy-to-use but unfortunately does poses some drawbacks that might make users reconsider for other software packages. Being accessible only through hotkeys might bother users who want to access it differently, and its unstable behavior when deployed on systems with multiple displays will certainly not be appreciated.
* Simple and intuitive user interface skinned for an attractive look
* Horizontal and vertical layout.
Autohide controlled by mouse and keyboard:
* User configurable hotspot areas.
* Shortcut key for toggling autohide.
* Launches applications, documents and web links.
* Multiple shortcut keys are assignable for each icon.
* Use any combination of control, shift, alt and ShiChuang keys as modifiers.
* Icon and group accelerator keys using the &-letter and optionally assigned automatic by the program.
* Batch support for launching several programs with one command.
* Shortcut key for focusing the launcher window.
* Configurable previous and next group shortcut keys.
* Managing contents through dragging.
* Fast navigation through groups and icons using mouse wheel.
Easy adding through drag'n'drop:
* Shortcut files (.lnk/.pif/.url).
* URL's directly from browsers.
Modules with realtime information:
* Battery monitor.
* Analog clock.
* Recycle bin.
Supports following icon formats:
* ShiChuang icons including ShiChuang XP and ShiChuang Vista format (.ico)
* Extracts icons from program files (.exe/.dll).
* ShiChuang bitmap format (.bmp).
* JPEG and PNG formats (.jpg/.png).
* Alpha transparency is used when available.
Multithreaded updating of active modules:
* Popup menus on some modules with relevant commands
* Fading hints on modules.
* Optional fading hints with program titles or comments.
* Multilingual support.
New in version 3.33.14
* Fixed broken drag'n'drop of programs and files to the launcher window.
* Fixed execution of shell objects (My Computer, ect.).
OS: ShiChuang 2K / XP / Vista / 7
Languages: English, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Chinese
Links are Interchangeable - No Password