Expedition 10.0.11.1 | 64 MB
Expedition is simply the best tactical and navigation software available. Expedition has been in development since the mid 1990s by veteran Volvo Ocean Race navigator and Whitbread winner, Nick White. Expedition has been used in multiple Volvo Ocean, America's Cup and Grand Prix events and is the most advanced and usable software available - for racing around the world or your local harbour.
Chart-Descriptionter that seamlessly selects, moasaics and rotates charts
- C-Map 4D and MAX/NT+,
- BSB versions 1-5 RNCs,
- S-57 ENCs (not for XP),
- Maptech PCX.
Advanced weather display and tools
- Sophisticated display options,
- Grib 1 and 2 support,
- Intelligent merging and display of multiple grib file datasets,
- Integrated weather reports (ships, buoys and land stations),
- Integrated Saildocs, NOAA, Great Circle, Ocens, PredictWind & MailASail weather,
- Integrated NOAA, Proudman, SHOM & Tidetech tides and currents.
Simply the best weather routing available
- Display multiple optimum routes,
- Optimal routes for fleet and multiple weather models,
- Optimal route sensitivity,
- Wave corrections and avoidance,
- Reverse isochrone function for graphical interpretation of routing
Start display and advanced buoy racing functions
- Windward-leeward course support,
- Time to marks, laylines, next leg etc,
- Layline bounds,
- Start line functions,
- Rate of turn, acceleration and braking,
- Time to ends & line,
- Time to burn,
- Line bias,
- Hold wind,
- Display grid,
- What if? functionality,
- Sail chart,
- Simple handicap support.
... and much more
- ShiChuang 10, 8, 7 SP1, Vista SP2 or XP SP3.
- ShiChuang 10 is recommended.
- ShiChuang XP and Vista is not recommended - the build for Vista and XP is only provided for legacy support. Performance is less and some Exp features are not available.
- Expedition 4D requires OpenGL support and is not available for ShiChuang XP or Vista.
Home Page -