Vuo 1.1.0 | MacOSX | 59 MB
Vuo, a visual programming environment, lets you design and build live, interactive media. Drag, drop, and connect Vuo's building blocks to make your own graphics, animations, sounds, apps, UI prototypes, and more.
Vuo is designed to be both incredibly fast and easy to use. To create a multimedia composition with Vuo, you start by browsing through Vuo's library of nodes and pick out the ones you want to use. Nodes are your building blocks. Some nodes connect to devices, such as a mouse or a MIDI controller. Other nodes make something happen on the screen, such as popping up a window or drawing a sphere. Other nodes control when things happen in your composition. Once you've picked some nodes, you make them talk to each other by connecting them with cables. For example, you can make a sphere follow the mouse pointer by having the mouse node send its coordinates to the node that positions the sphere. The power of Vuo is that you can mix and mash up any nodes to create a composition. Combine mouse and graphics... MIDI and text... video and 3D models. You're limited only by your node library and your imagination. You can create standalone apps with Vuo to share with Mac OS users.
Vuo combines a simple platform with an amazing array of features:
- Start connecting - Vuo is designed to work with sound, video, motion capture, controllers, sensors, stage equipment, data feeds, and more.
- Maximize the power of your hardware - Vuo is the only visual programming environment that automatically multi-threads your compositions and compiles them to machine code. This means Vuo compositions avoid bottlenecks in execution and use fewer computer resources.
- Leverage powerful building blocks for graphics - Get creative with 2D and 3D graphics. Vuo includes node sets that let you load 3D models, animate and add lighting and other shader effects to 3D objects, and apply filters to 2D images.
- Designed for output - We built Vuo to simultaneously work with multiple video devices and produce multiple graphics ShiChuang.
- Run your work on cue - You control the timing of your composition. It can run at a steady framerate, or it can react to events like mouse clicks or MIDI notes. You can design your composition so that some parts run continuously, and others run only when needed.
- Future-proof your work - You can add a composition to our test rig, so we won't inadvertently break your work as we continue to develop Vuo.
- Springboard your development - If you're developing an application, you can use Vuo inside. With Vuo's framework, your application can run and interact with compositions.
- Compose for other apps - You can already run Vuo compositions in some VJ apps, and we're working on adding more. Vuo has plans for an FxPlug, allowing you to run Vuo compositions from inside any FxPlug host app, such as Final Cut Pro X and Motion. See our roadmap for details.
What's New Version 1.1:
- Added 4 ways to create movies:
High-quality offline rendering from Vuo Editor (File > Export > Movie...)
High-quality offline rendering from the command-line: vuo-export movie
Realtime recording of a running composition (File > Start Recording)
Realtime recording controlled by a composition: Save to Movie node
- Added vuo.serial (serial device I/O) node set
- Added "Displace 3D Object with Image" (Rutt-Etra) node
- Added "Calculate Amplitude for Frequencies" (FFT) node
- Added "Sample Color from Image" node
- Added "Capture Image of Screen" node
- Added "Combine 3D Stereo Images" node (Pro)
- Added "Save Image" node
- Added the ability to manually fire an event through any input port
- Added the View > Canvas Transparency menu item with options to make the canvas slightly transparent or very transparent
- Added the option to align nodes to a grid (View > Snap to Grid)
- Added the ability to enter/view multiple lines of text within a text input editor
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.7 or later
Home Page -
Buy Premium To Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!