Anastasia Seifetdinova, Russian Philharmonic Orchestra, Dmitry Yablonsky - Balakirev - Piano concert...
Artist: Anastasia Seifetdinova, Russian Philharmonic Orchestra, Dmitry Yablonsky
Title: Balakirev - Piano concertos & Grande Fantaisie
Year Of Release: 2009
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Total Time: 01:09:44
Total Size: 301 Mb
Mily Balakirev (1837 - 1910)
Piano Concerto #1 fis-moll, op. 1 (1855 - 1856).
01. Allegro ma non troppo [14:17].
Piano Concerto #2 Es-dur, op. posth. (1861 - 1910, graduated from SM Lyapunov).
02. I. Allegro non troppo [15:54].
03. II. Adagio [10:15].
04. III. Allegro risoluto [10:29].
Grand Fantasia on Russian Folk Songs for Piano and Orchestra, op. 4 (graduated. 1852) [18:32].
05. [Entry in the custom theme.] Andantino. - Allegro assai. - Larghetto. - Allegro assai. - Allegro furioso. -
(06) - [ "Oh, do not eclipsed sun».] Andantino rustico. -
(07) - Variation I. Allegro. -
(08) - Variation II. Quasi improvisatio. -
(09) - Variation III. -
(10.) - Adagio. -
(11) - [ "Among the smooth valley».] Larghetto.
Anastasia Seyfetdinova (piano)
Russian Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor Dmitry Yablonsky
Leader of the 'Mighty Handful' of Russian composers, Mily Alexeyevich Balakirev was praised by Rimsky-Korsakov as "an excellent pianist . endowed by nature with a sense of correct harmony and part-writing", qualities abundantly evident in his two piano concertos, the second of which was completed by Sergey Lyapunov. Brimming with Romantic bravura, rich orchestrations and solo writing that, while distinctive, can often stand comparison with Tchaikovsky, these are highly appealing works. With his Grande Fantasie on Russian Folksongs, Balakirev made an important contribution to Russian nationalist music.