Stacy Sullivan - Stranger In A Dream (2016)
Jazz Vocals | MP3 320 kbps | 46:43 min | ~112 Mb
Label: Harbinger Records | Tracks: 17 | Rls.date: 2016
Winner of the 2015 MAC Award for Outstanding Major Artist, Bistro and Nightlife Award, Stacy Sullivan has appeared in esteemed venues around the world, from The Crazy Coqs in London, the Cafe Carlyle in New York City, Orange County's Carpenter Center and Catalina's Jazz Club in California. Her six albums, including her newest recording "Stranger in a Dream-Songs for Marian McPartland," newly released on Harbinger Records can be heard regularly on Sirius XM Radio, WNYC, and NPR.
Sullivan grew up in Oklahoma, the seventh of eight children in a wildly musical family, where she began performing in venues across the south and midwest at the age of five. Graduating Cum Laude from Tulsa University with her degree in Music, she left home to follow her musical and acting dreams in Los Angeles.
"On the Air," the show she wrote and performs for Piano Jazz creator, Marian McPartland, caught the eye (and ear) of legendary radio personality and music connoisseur Jonathan Schwartz, who presented it to New York City at WNYC's "The Greene Space," which led to a run at The York Theatre in Manhattan and the recording, "Stranger in a Dream." The Wall Street Journal called it "Cabaret for Thinking People," and The New York Times raved, "Sullivan transports you to a twilight zone of wistful refl ection that recalls the dreamier side of Peggy Lee."
Numerous awards, including The MAC Award (2015) for "Major Artist," The Nightlife Award (2014) for "Best Female Vocalist, The Bistro Award, and The Lamott/Friedman Award for "Best Recording" for "It's a Good Day-A Tribute to Miss Peggy Lee" give her the opportunity to tour the world with her band, as well as in a duo setting with Piano Jazz host and jazz pianist, Jon Weber.
Now, Sullivan and Weber have rejoined forces with their newest Harbinger Records release, "Stranger in a Dream-Songs for Marian McPartland." This heartfelt tribute to pianist Marian McPartland captures all the spirit of the legendary pianist and broadcaster.
1. Passion Loving You (3:08)
2. The Surrey With The Fringe On Top (From Oklahoma!) [Live] Oklahoma! Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin' (3:33)
3. Portrait Of Mercer Ellington - Prelude To A Kiss (5:31)
4. Stranger In A Dream (3:55)
5. In A Melancholy Mood (1:16)
6. In The Days Of Our Love (2:26)
7. Portrait Of Marcia Ball (0:46)
8. Treasure Girl I've Got A Crush On You (4:07)
9. Lullaby Of Birdland (2:19)
10. A Delicate Balance (1:32)
11. Melody For Two September In The Rain/Come Away With Me (3:41)
12. Twilight World (3:00)
13. Castles In The Sand (2:14)
14. A Connecticut Yankee My Heart Stood Still (1:41)
15. Very Warm For May All The Things You Are/Waltz No. 10 In B Minor, Op. 69, No. 2 (Arr. J. Weber) (2:59)
16. I'm Beginning To See The Light - It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - Jump For Joy (3:20)
17. Piano Jazz Kaleidoscope (1:06)
Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction - Premium is support resumable