Producing Great Sound for Film and Video (DV Expert Series) by Jay Rose
2008 | ISBN: 024080970X | English | 464 pages | PDF | 14.30 MB
Make your film or video project sound as good as it looks with this complete training course by audio guru Jay Rose. You get hundreds of professional, real-world techniques that you can employ from preproduction through the final mix. This is a solution-oriented guide with FAQs, how-tos, tips, and time savers.
You'll get a primer on how sound and digital audio work as well as technical setups, guidelines, and real solutions for:
* budgeting, scheduling, and preproduction planning
* microphones and room acoustics
* recording dialog, voice-overs, ADR, and effects
* postproduction hardware
* levels and digitizing
* working with music and sound effects
* producing the final mix
New to this edition:
* information on the latest cameras and field recorders
* choices between single- and double-system, and digital workflows
* the differences between traditional video soundtracks and dialog-driven storytelling.