Customizing WordPress (Smashing eBooks) by Smashing Magazine
English | Mar 8, 2016 | ASIN: B01CR2ZDRI | 224 Pages | AZW3/MOBI/EPUB/PDF (conv) | 14.2 MB
For a lot of people, WordPress is the entry into web development. And a lot of them don't stop there. They want more control over their WordPress site, so customizing design and functionality is the next logical step.
If WordPress got you hooked, and you want to get more out of it to tailor your site more to your needs and ideas, then this eBook is for you.
To start out, you will learn to build custom page templates and extend WordPress' flexibility with custom post types. Later, our expert authors will provide insights into customizing tree-like data structures to make them fit your particular needs, as well as tips to replace the regular custom field interface with something more powerful and user-friendly. You'll also learn to build an advanced notification system to reach your users, and, last, but not least, we'll dive deep into building, maintaining, and deploying WordPress plugins. WordPress' flexible structure is predestined for customization. So make use of this grand potential to build your projects the way you imagine them to be.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- A Detailed Guide To WordPress Custom Page Templates, written by Nick Schaferhoff
- Extending WordPress With Custom Content Types, written by Brian Onorio
- Building A Custom Archive Page For WordPress, written by Karol K
- Customizing Tree-Like Data Structures In WordPress With The Walker Class, written by Carlo Daniele
- Extending Advanced Custom Fields With Your Own Controls, written by Daniel Pataki
- Building An Advanced Notification System For WordPress, written by Carlo Daniele
- How To Use Autoloading And A Plugin Container In WordPress Plugins, written by Nico Amarilla
- How To Deploy WordPress Plugins With GitHub Using Transients, written by Matthew Ray
Links are Interchangeable - No Password