The Everything Guide to Ayurveda: Improve your health, develop your inner energy, and find balance in your life
The Everything Guide to Ayurveda: Improve your health, develop your inner energy, and find balance in your life by Heidi E. Spear
English | Jan. 18, 2012 | ISBN: 1440529965 | 304 Pages | EPUB | 1.8 MB
Combining the Sanskrit words "ayur" (life) and "veda" (knowledge), Ayurveda is an ancient Indian practice for living that dates back thousands of years. Ayurveda promotes a mind-consciousness-body balance that, when in perfect alignment, results in improved health, outlook, and attitude. This is the optimal guide for families interested in Ayurveda, with information on:
- The history of Ayurvedic medicine in India
- Discovering individual "doshas," or personality types
- Incorporating Ayurvedic foods into your everyday diet
- Yoga and exercise techniques for each "dosha"
- Meditation and relaxation tips for the whole family
Packed with information and guidance, plus more than twenty-five Ayurvedic recipes for meals and snacks that your whole family will love, this guide is the perfect resource for transitioning into a healthy, balanced way of living!