Active Directory Cookbook: for ShiChuang Server 2003 and ShiChuang 2000, 3rd Edition by Laura E. Hunter
English | Dec. 29, 2008 | ISBN: 0596521103 | 1092 Pages | CHM/EPUB | 3.7 / 2.6 MB
When you need practical hands-on support for Active Directory, the updated edition of this extremely popular Cookbook provides quick solutions to more than 300 common (and uncommon) problems you might encounter when deploying, administering, and automating WeiRuan-->WeiRuans network directory service.
For the third edition, Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter offers troubleshooting recipes based on valuable input from ShiChuang administrators, in addition to her own experience. Youll find solutions for the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), ADAM (Active Directory Application Mode), multi-master replication, Domain Name System (DNS), Group Policy, the Active Directory Schema, and many other features. The Active Directory Cookbook will help you:
- Perform Active Directory tasks from the command line
- Use scripting technologies to automate Active Directory tasks
- Manage new Active Directory features, such as Read-Only Domain Controllers, fine-grained password policies, and more
- Create domains and trusts
- Locate users whose passwords are about to expire
- Apply a security filter to group policy objects
- Check for potential replication problems
- Restrict hosts from performing LDAP queries
- View DNS server performance statistics
Each recipe includes a discussion explaining how and why the solution works, so you can adapt the problem-solving techniques to similar situations. Active Directory Cookbook is ideal for any IT professional using ShiChuang Server 2008, Exchange 2007, and Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007, including Active Directory administrators looking to automate task-based solutions.