Man-Machine Dialogue: Design and Challenges (FOCUS Series)
by Frederic Landragin
English | 2013 | ISBN: 184821457X | 220 pages | PDF | 1.7 MB
This book summarizes the main problems posed by the design of a man-machine dialogue system and offers ideas on how to continue along the path towards efficient, realistic and fluid communication between humans and machines.
A culmination of ten years of research, it is based on the author's development, investigation and experimentation covering a multitude of fields, including artificial intelligence, automated language processing, man-machine interfaces and notably multimodal or multimedia interfaces.
Part 1. Historical and Methodological Landmarks
1. An Assessment of the Evolution of Research and Systems.
2. Man-Machine Dialogue Fields.
3. The Development Stages of a Dialogue System.
4. Reusable System Architectures.
Part 2. Inputs Processing
5. Semantic Analyses and Representations.
6. Reference Resolution.
7. Dialogue Acts Recognition.
Part 3. System Behavior and Evaluation
8. A Few Dialogue Strategies.
9. Multimodal Output Management.
10. Multimodal Dialogue System Assessment.